11.05.2010

Brentwood Central Austin Home - 1900s Schoolhouse Loaded with Charm

Today I am showcasing this 1911 schoolhouse... relocated from Elgin, Texas to the heart of central Austin in the Brentwood Neighborhood. It rests on a large, private 1/3 acre lot with a creek behind... lots this big are rare in the heart of the city. Imagine having your own personal oasis!

Note the schoolhouse shaped door trim! You can't see it in this photo, but there's a school bell over the door as well. The house has a large inviting front porch and a large back porch.


Inside, many period details and architectural design elements including soaring 12 foot ceilings, arched doorways, and a fireplace mantle with marble hearth.


The kitchen has loads of cabinets and built ins along with a picture-perfect window over the sink. The home could use a little TLC... but is also perfectly darling as-is.


The house is 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1500+ square feet with 2 dining areas, a huge utility room, walk-in pantry, and outdoor storage. This view is from one of the bedrooms.



The bathroom has an original cast iron tub and vintage tile.
The house is priced at $289,000 - which, when combined with the size of the lot... is a steal. Click here for the virtual tour.


3 comments:

Amsterdam Housing said...

I recengtly came across your blog and have been reading along . I thought i would leave my first comment . , I have enjoyed reading. Nice Blog , I will keep visiting.....

houses for sale said...

Very green surroundings of the house. I really love what I see.

Angelo H

Rent Austin said...

Hi,

This is a wonderful post. The green surrounding of this house makes it more attractive. The rooms are spacious and comfortable to live. I think it is a perfect place to stay. Thanks a lot.